Stockton Visit

 
 

Stockton Visit

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Founded in 1872, many of the cities original settlers were cattleman, and thus they named their city "Stocktown," which later became "Stockton."  In addition to being another railroad city (the railroad arrived in 1885), the city was located on the military supply line between Ft. Kearney, Nebraska and Ft. Hays.

This year’s president, Roger Hrabe, has followed the footsteps of his Rotarian grandfather who purchased and ran the local grocery store in 1980, and was a Rotarian for over 60 years.  Roger is the economic development director for Rooks County.

Recently, Rotary and local Rotarians helped raise over $1 million for the local health care facility.

The local club maintains a "coat closet" in the famous 4-story Neo-classical a Revival court house for those in need.  Additionally, the Rotary club of Stockton sponsors a golf tournament, blood drives, exchange students, and scholarships--another club making a difference in their community!